Levon Helm memorial service planned for Woodstock, N.Y.
Read more: Robbie Robertson visits Levon Helm
Read more: Levon Helm of The Band dies at 71
Read more: Levon Helm remembered
Helm's family says on his website that parking will be available at three locations in Woodstock and there will be shuttle bus trips to the Woodstock property from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday.
It's the same place Helm hosted concerts with various guests in recent years. The shows had a community feel, as concert-goers were encouraged to bring food for a casual pot luck dinner before the show.
A private funeral is scheduled for Friday.
Helm died April 20 at the age of 71 from complications of cancer. His family announced days before his death that Helm was in the final stages of throat cancer.
Helm, Rick Danko, Garth Hudson, Robbie Robertson and Richard Manuel's first album as The Band was 1968's "Music From Big Pink." Songs including "The Weight," "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down," and "Up on Cripple Creek" are rock standards.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 352 Comments
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- "Monsters University" premieres in Hollywood 20 Photos