Rihanna, Claire Danes and Kristen Wiig step out for Time's 100 gala
(CBS News) A small collection of Time magazine's 100 most influential people for 2012, including Rihanna, Tilda Swinton and Claire Danes, gathered in New York Tuesday for a gala to celebrate the honor.
The magazine announced its annual list last week. The list is divided into five categories: Moguls, Breakouts, Icons, Pioneers and Leaders.
Several celebrities, who made the list this year, were in attendance at the gala, including singer Rihanna who called the honor "surreal."
"The Time 100 list is special. It doesn't feel real, only because this is a list that I always read about and I always look at. I can't believe I am sitting in one of those slots, there's so many people in the world," the singer said to British network ITV News.
Other honorees in attendance included U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, actresses Chelsea Handler, Kristen Wiig,and Mia Farrow, and comedians Louis C.K. and Stephen Colbert .
Popular in Entertainment
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 137 Comments
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Selma Blair abruptly exits "Anger Management"
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- "The Voice" finale recap: Season 4 crowns a winner
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis