Jack White to score Johnny Depp's "The Lone Ranger"
The rocker will write, produce and record the score for the upcoming Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer film, "The Lone Ranger."First look: Johnny Depp in "The Lone Ranger"
Read more: Jack White's single released via helium balloons
Pictures: Johnny Depp
"Jack's an amazing songwriter with a unique style," producer Jerry Bruckheimer told Variety. "We're thrilled to hear his fresh take on the William Tell Overture."
Based on the 1950s TV series, "The Lone Ranger" will follow the story of a masked crime fighter and his Native American partner.
This isn't White's only new project. The singer-songwriter just released his debut solo album, "Blunderbuss." He plans to be on the road to support the new release. His itinerary includes a stop at Lollapalooza in Chicago.
The former White Stripes rocker has contributed music to films in the past, but this is his first full-length score. He had a song in the James Bond film, "Quantum of Solace," and also recorded several songs for the "Cold Mountain" soundtrack.
"The Lone Ranger" will open May 31, 2013.
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner