2 Cuban actors disappear on way to premiere. Did they defect?
(CBS/AP) Two Cuban actors have gone missing en route to their film's premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival.
Where the 20-year-old actors went remains unknown, but they are assumed to have defected.
Javier Nunez Florian and Analin de la Rua de la Torre disappeared in Miami during a layover last week. Their film, "Una Noche," premiered at Tribeca on Thursday.
A third actor, Dariel Arrechada, continued on to New York where he has participated in the festival. He is scheduled to return to Cuba.
"Una Noche" is about teenagers struggling in poverty who decide to defect to the United States. Director Lucy Mulloy shot the film in Cuba.
The festival said in a statement that it has not had any contact with the two actors. The British-born director told ABCNews.com that she hoped to hear from the two. "I would love to know that they are well," she said.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 109 Comments
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments