Sonia Rykiel reveals her battle with Parkinson's disease in new book
(CBS News) French fashion designer Sonia Rykiel reveals in her new book that she has been suffering from Parkinson's disease for the last 15 years.
According to Women's Wear Daily, Rykiel, whose symptoms are becoming more visible, writes in "N'oubliez pas que je joue"("Don't Forget It's A Game"), "I don't want to show my pain. I resisted, I hesitated, I tried to be invisible, to pretend that nothing was wrong. It's impossible, it's not like me."
The 81-year-old designer and her colleagues worked hard to conceal her illness. She was not allowed to be photographed with the cane that she had been using for several years, she confesses in the book, according to WWD.
The book, which is co-written with French journalist Judith Perrignon and published by L'Iconoclaste, is available now.
Popular in Entertainment
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Beatles' lyrics headed for British Library