Sinead O'Connor cancels tour, says she is "unwell" due to bipolar disorder
"With enormous regret I must announce that I have to cancel all touring for the year as am very unwell due to bi polar disorder," she revealed in an online message.Pictures: Sinead O'Connor
Read more: Sinead O'Connor splits from husband after 16 days
Doctors advised O'Connor not to tour after she experienced a "very serious breakdown between December and March," O'Connor explained.
The Irish singer added, "So very stupidly I ignored his advice to my great detriment, attempting to be stronger than I actually am."
The 45-year-old vocalist played a few shows earlier this year and was supposed to hit the road again this spring behind her new album, "How About I Be Me (And You Be You)?."
In December, O'Connor announced her split from therapist Barry Herridge after 16 days of marriage. They tried to reconcile, but eventually called it quits in January 2012.
Sinead O'Connor through the years
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner