Dick Clark had prostate surgery before heart attack, death certificate says
(CBS News) Dick Clark died from a heart attack after undergoing prostate surgery the day before, according to the death certificate obtained by TMZ.
The TV and radio host underwent the surgery on April 17 at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica.
"He had very minor prostate surgery," Clark's good friend Congressman David Dreier told Extra. "All of a sudden, he got a feeling in his arm about 9:30 [Wednesday] morning and he was gone by 11:15. It turned out to be a massive heart attack."
The certificate states Clark died from acute myocardial infarction, commonly known as a heart attack, on April 18. He was 82.
Dick Clark: 1929-2012
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?