Victoria Beckham designs special edition Range Rover
(CBS News) Victoria Beckham unveiled a new special edition Range Rover that she helped design called the "Evoque" in Beijing on Sunday, on the eve of the Auto China motor show.
"It's a great honor. I wanted to design a car that I want to drive and that David would want to drive," said Beckham of her famous soccer-player husband David Beckham, according to the Daily Mail. "I want a car that reflects my personality. I'm really proud of this car."
The vehicle features hand-finished matte paint with rose gold accents on the grille. Inside, the four-seat vehicle has vintage tan leather seats, inspired by baseball gloves and mohair floor mats inspired by her childhood memories of taking her shoes off and running them through the carpets of her father's Rolls-Royce.
The 37-year-old fashion designer admitted that she had never undertaken a project like this, but admitted that she learned "an enormous amount," according to Reuters.
"When I first started working with the team I did a lot of research, and created mood boards to show the team my love of timeless and classic design. I looked at yachts, luxury jets and classic cars," Beckham said, the Daily Mail reports.
In addition to the luxury vehicle, buyers receive other accessories such as a four-piece leather luggage set and a hand-sewn leather wallet for the owner's manual signed by Beckham.
The special edition "Evoque" costs $129,000 and only 200 will be made. The first few will be rolled out in China as early as October, Reuters reports.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"