Robin Gibb's family sings to him at hospital bedside
The 62-year-old musician's wife, Dwina Gibb, told an Ireland paper, The Impartial Reporter, that their children are playing songs to "try and bring him back to us."Read more: Robin Gibb in coma with pneumonia in hospital
"His brother Barry, his wife Linda and son Stephen came over from America," she added to the paper. Barry was singing to him. Thousands of people are saying prayers every day."
The singer was hospitalized in 2011 for stomach and colon problems. He said earlier this year that he was making a good recovery. Gibb underwent intestinal surgery last month and was forced to miss the London premiere of his classical "Titanic Requiem" because of illness.
The Bee Gees - British-born, Australia-raised brothers Robin, Barry and Maurice Gibb - had a string of disco-era hits including "How Deep is Your Love" and "Stayin' Alive." Their soundtrack to the movie "Saturday Night Fever" was one of the best-selling albums of the 1970s.
The Bee Gees became members of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and won seven Grammy Awards.
Maurice Gibb, Robin's twin brother, died in 2003 at the age of 53 due to complications from a twisted intestine.
The Bee Gees' younger brother, Andy, who had a successful solo career, died in 1988 at age 30 of a heart ailment.
Popular in Entertainment
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 143 Comments
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Selma Blair abruptly exits "Anger Management"
- Watch: New "Anchorman 2" trailer
- "The Voice" finale recap: Season 4 crowns a winner