Cyndi Lauper memoir due out in fall
(CBS/AP) NEW YORK - Cyndi Lauper , the Grammy-winning singer and LGBT rights activist, swears her book will show her true colors.
The "Time After Time" performer has a memoir coming out this fall, Atria Books announced Monday.
Titled "Cyndi Lauper," it will cover the 58-year-old, New York-born singer's story from her troubled childhood to superstardom in the 1980s to the "ups and downs" that followed.
In a statement issued by Atria, the one-time "Celebrity Apprentice" contestant said: "Sometimes I come off good, sometimes not so good.''
Lauper's hits include "True Colors," "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and "Time After Time."
Atria is an imprint of Simon & Schuster, which has the same parent company as CBS.
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 46 Photos
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "Star Trek Into Darkness" wins weekend box office
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "Inside Llewyn Davis" premieres at Cannes
- Justin Bieber booed at Canadian football game