Kurt Cobain's last days documented in new photography exhibit
(CBS News) It was 18 years ago this week the music world lost Kurt Cobain.
The Nirvana singer, who died on April 5, 1994, is being remembered with a special exhibit that opens to the public today at the Morrison Hotel Gallery in New York, featuring photographs from some of Cobain's last days.
Cobain is seen in rare and never-before-seen images, taken by photographer Jesse Frohman in November 1993, less than six months before Cobain died.
He's seen wearing his vintage air force cap, Jackie O. sunglasses and a leopard jacket. The shots reflect both a goofy and depressive side of the 27-year-old Cobain.
The photos will be on display through April 22.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 352 Comments
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go