Bobbi Kristina Brown cast in Tyler Perry's TV show "For Better or Worse"
(CBS News) Bobbi Kristina Brown, the daughter of Bobby Brown and the late Whitney Houston, is headed to TV.
The 19-year-old Brown, will have a recurring role on TBS' comedy "Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse," according to the Hollywood Reporter.
.Brown told Oprah Winfrey in an interview last month that she wanted to be an entertainer.
"I have to carry on the legacy," said Brown to Winfrey. "We're going to do the singing thing. Some acting, some dancing."
The TBS show about the struggles of marriage is based on characters from Perry's movies "Why Did I Get Married?" and Why Did I Get Married Too?" The network announced in February that it would order 35 more episodes of the show, according to THR.
The second season of "For Better or Worse" is scheduled to premiere in July on TBS.
Popular in Entertainment
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 78 Comments
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- "The Voice": Top three sing for the win
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby