Charlie Sheen: Martin Sheen will play my dad on "Anger Management"
(CBS News) Charlie Sheen is making his new TV show a family affair.
The former "Two and a Half Men" star says his father, actor Martin Sheen, will play his dad on the FX series "Anger Management."
Sheen told "Access Hollywood," "As the show's developed, we're discovering who my family is as I discuss them. We're going to find out this guy does have major issues with his pop and when that character does finally show up, it will be my dad."
The 46-year-old said of his relationship with his father: "We're pretty cool."
Sheen also gave "Access Hollywood" some details about his "Anger Management" character - Charlie Goodson, an ex-ball player who had anger issues during his career and went back to school to become a therapist.
"He's a guy that's [has a] bit of a percolation underneath the surface," he said.
This isn't the first time the Sheens have played father-and-son roles on screen - Martin Sheen also played Charlie's father in Oliver Stone's 1987 film "Wall Street."
"Anger Management," which is loosely based on the 2003 Adam Sandler/Jack Nicholson film of the same name, will debut on FX on June 28.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?