98 Degrees to reunite for summer tour: Report
Although dates haven't been announced, a source told RumorFix.com that Nick Lachey, his younger brother Drew Lachey, Jeff Timmons and Justin Jeffre will embark on a 15-city tour in July and August.
If the recent makeover of 98 Degrees' website is any indication, there just may be some truth to the report.
98 Degrees formed in Ohio, releasing its self-titled debut album in 1997, featuring the singles "Invisible Man" and "Because of You." Years later, the songs "The Hardest Thing" and "Give Me Just One Night (Una Noche)" made it on to the charts.
The band eventually parted ways in 2002. Probably its most notable alum, Nick Lachey, went on to star on reality TV and launch a solo career. Drew Lachey won the second season of "Dancing With The Stars." Since the split, Timmons released a batch of solo albums, and last year joined The Chippendales in Las Vegas. Jeffre has since become involved in politics. Last fall, he got arrested for trespassing at an Occupy Cincinnati protest.
98 Degrees would be following in the footsteps of New Kids on the Block, who reunited in 2008 after a years-long hiatus. The reunion comes at time when One Direction, a brand new boy band has started capturing the hearts of young fans.
Tell us: Would you go see 98 Degrees on tour?
Popular in Entertainment
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 78 Comments
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- "The Voice": Top three sing for the win
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby