Jennie Garth and Peter Facinelli file for divorce
The filings Wednesday afternoon come two weeks after the former couple announced they planned to end their marriage of nearly 11 years. The pair are parents to three children and are seeking joint custody.Pictures: Celebrity Splits
In a recent interview with People, Garth said she "was very resistant" to the split.
"I didn't want it to happen," she said. "It took me some time to come to peace with it."
The actress said their busy schedules eventually started taking a toll on the marriage.
Garth rose to fame in the 1990s TV series "Beverly Hills, 90210" and appeared in the 2008-10 sequel. Facinelli is a co-star in the "Twilight" movie franchise. Garth's new reality series, "Jennie Garth: A Little Bit Country," premieres April 20 on CMT.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video
- CBS up, "Idol" down as traditional TV season ends