Jennie Garth and Peter Facinelli file for divorce
The filings Wednesday afternoon come two weeks after the former couple announced they planned to end their marriage of nearly 11 years. The pair are parents to three children and are seeking joint custody.Pictures: Celebrity Splits
In a recent interview with People, Garth said she "was very resistant" to the split.
"I didn't want it to happen," she said. "It took me some time to come to peace with it."
The actress said their busy schedules eventually started taking a toll on the marriage.
Garth rose to fame in the 1990s TV series "Beverly Hills, 90210" and appeared in the 2008-10 sequel. Facinelli is a co-star in the "Twilight" movie franchise. Garth's new reality series, "Jennie Garth: A Little Bit Country," premieres April 20 on CMT.
Popular in Entertainment
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 352 Comments
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- Nigella Lawson's husband cautioned by cops over assault
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby