Bobby Brown charged with DUI, could face up to six months jail
(CBS/AP) Prosecutors have charged Bobby Brown with drunken driving.
Los Angeles city attorney's spokesman Frank Mateljan says Brown was charged Wednesday with three misdemeanors, including two DUI-related counts and one for driving on a suspended license.
The R&B singer was arrested Monday by the California Highway Patrol on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Mateljan says one of the counts alleges Brown was driving with a blood-alcohol content above .08, the level a person is presumed to be impaired.
Mateljan says Brown could face up to six months in jail if convicted.
Brown was pulled over after a patrolman reported seeing him speaking on his cell phone without a hands-free unit.
Earlier, Brown's laywer Tiffany Feder said, "Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and Mr. Brown was not driving erratically."
Brown's arrest comes six weeks after the death of his ex-wife, Whitney Houston.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos