Queen Elizabeth II to get Madame Tussauds makeover
(CBS/AP) LONDON - Queen Elizabeth II is getting a makeover for her Diamond Jubilee - at Madame Tussauds.
The wax museum says it will unveil a new replica of the monarch in May, to mark her 60 years on the British throne.
The new work is the 23rd waxwork of the queen since she first appeared at the London attraction in 1928. It is modeled after her official Jubilee portrait photograph.
Madame Tussauds said Wednesday that while the 85-year-old monarch did not sit for this latest wax figure, she is very involved and has sent over measurements and approvals for different aspects of the sculpture.
The new figure will replace the current sculpture created in 2001. It will be placed alongside the wax replica of her husband, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video