Fake Will Smith tweet about Trayvon Martin goes viral
(CBS News) A comment tweeted out by a fake Will Smith Twitter account comparing the Trayvon Martin case to the Kim Kardashion flour bombing has gone viral.
The tweet, which has since been deleted, reportedly said, "WE live in America where a girl that threw flour on Kim Kardashian was arrested on site But the man who KILLED Trayvon Martin is still free."
The tweet was retweeted by Spike Lee, Rosie O'Donnell and Omarosa, but according to The Hollywood Reporter the @RealWillSmith account actually belongs to a white man from Nashville, Tenn., not the Hollywood actor.
Travyon Martin's name has been in the news after civil rights leaders called attention to his death causing it to become a national controversy.
The 17-year-old Martin has been dead for a month, and George Zimmerman, his admitted killer, remains free after telling authorities he was forced to shoot Martin in self defense.
The investigation into Martin's killing is still being conducted.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Bynes' allegations of sexual assault under investigation
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video