Josh Hutcherson to toss out first pitch at Reds game
(CBS/AP) Josh Hutcherson, who stars in the box-office hit "The Hunger Games," will throw out the ceremonial first pitch for the Miami Marlins-Cincinnati Reds game April 7.
Hutcherson, who is a native of nearby Union, Ky., plays Peeta Mellark in the new movie about teens fighting each other to death in a bleak future. It opened last weekend with a $152.5 million box office, third-biggest ever.
Meanwhile, a Cincinnati-area resident with experience in a less-gory competition between youths will sing the National Anthem before the night game. Eben Franckewitz was a contestant on this season's "American Idol."
The Reds in recent years have followed Cincinnati's traditional Opening Day celebrations with promotions for their second, "Opening Night" game. Reds players will walk a red carpet to greet fans before the game.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video