"October Baby" finds box office success
(CBS News) "The Hunger Games" took in $214 million globally in its opening weekend, but the blockbuster wasn't the only film to find box office success.
The controversial abortion drama "October Baby" grossed $1.7 million in its debut on 390 screens, according to the Los Angeles Times. The tally was enough for the film to crack the top 10 highest-grossing films of the weekend.
"October Baby" is about Hannah (Rachel Hendrix), a college freshman who learns she was adopted after she survived a failed late-term abortion. She then embarks on a road trip with several friends to track down her birth mother.
The film's overall gross now totals $1.9 million, the Times notes, because it had a limited release in Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee last fall.
Watch the trailer for "October Baby" below:
Popular in Entertainment
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 135 Comments
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Selma Blair abruptly exits "Anger Management"
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- "The Voice" finale recap: Season 4 crowns a winner
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis