Kim Kardashian flour-bombed at perfume launch
(CBS/AP) Kim Kardashian faced more than photographers' flashbulbs when she walked the red carpet Thursday night to launch her new fragrance, True Reflection.
Sheriff's deputies say a woman threw white powder on the 31-year-old reality TV star in the lobby of a hotel in West Hollywood, Calif., where the television personality was hosting the launch event.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department says deputies were called to the London Hotel on North San Vicente Boulevard shortly before 8 p.m.
Deputy Peter Gomez says the woman who allegedly threw the powder, which appeared to be baking flour, was detained by hotel security and later released at the scene.
Gomez says Kardashian, who was clad in black and got most of the powder on her head and shoulders, told the deputies she did not want to press charges against the woman. A non-criminal battery report was taken
Gomez says paramedics were called to the hotel, but Kardashian refused medical treatment.
He says Kardashian returned to her room, removed the powder from her hair, changed clothing and returned to the event.
"That probably is the craziest, unexpected, weird thing that ever happened to me," Kardashian told E! News. "Like I said to my makeup artist, I wanted more powder and that's a whole lot of translucent powder right there."
Kim Kardashian flour-bombed
Popular in Entertainment
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 75 Comments
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- "The Voice": Top three sing for the win
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby