Celine Dion able to resume recording and concerts after throat problems, a report says
(CBS News) Celine Dion was given the OK from her doctor to continue to prep for her upcoming run of shows at Las Vegas' Caesars Palace, after she battled a major throat infection, a report says.
Professor Gerald Berke of UCLA Medical Center put Dion on vocal rest and now says she should be 100 percent within four weeks, reports the Las Vegas Sun.
She was cleared to start recording songs for her new English and French albums in mid-April and for her upcoming shows at Colosseum in Caesars Palace which kick off June 9.
Two weeks from now, Dion will start exercising with her vocal coach Dr. William Riley, reports the paper.
"During this recovery period, so many fans, many of whom were inconvenienced by the canceled shows, have posted kind words of encouragement on my website. I'm so grateful for their thoughts and their support ... more than they'll ever know," Dion said in a statement this morning.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer