Neil Young to speak at book convention
The 66-year-old rocker will speak June 6 at the Jacob Javitz Center about his upcoming memoir, "Waging Heavy Peace," due out this fall, chronicling his life and career. The event is free for all convention attendees, with seating available on a first-come, first-serve basis.Read more: Neil Young writing a memoir
In a statement about the memoir, Young mentioned his late sportswriter father.
"I felt like writing books fit me like a glove," Young said in a statement. "I started and I just kept going. That's the way my Daddy used to do it on his old Underwood up in the attic ... Just keep writing, you never know what will turn up.'"
The Canadian singer-songwriter's most recent studio release, "Le Noise," came out in 2010 and was named one of the best albums of the year by Rolling Stone magazine.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers