Rare Marilyn Monroe photos up for auction
(CBS/AP) A collection of never-before-seen photos of Marilyn Monroe are going up for auction.
The photos come from the estate of Allan "Whitey" Snyder, Monroe's personal makeup artist for 15 years. One image shows Snyder applying makeup to a lingerie-wearing Monroe on the set of "Let's Make Love" in 1960.
Celebrity auctioneer Darren Julien says more than 100 images of Monroe will be sold the highest bidders later this month.
Letters, telegrams and a money clip from Monroe to Snyder are also among the lots set to be sold during Julien's Auctions' Hollywood Legends sale on March 31 and April 1. The auction also includes memorabilia from Frank Sinatra, James Dean, Charlie Chaplin and Sammy Davis, Jr.
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Top wedding dress trends: "Gatsby" glamour and more