THR names Michelle Williams' stylist the most powerful
(CBS/AP) The Hollywood Reporter released its list of the 25 most powerful stylists in showbiz, with Kate Young, the stylist responsible for some of Michelle Williams' and Natalie Portman's most memorable red carpet moments, at the No. 1 spot.
Young earned the honor in part for helping make Portman a red carpet fixture last year while she was pregnant and on her way to winning the best actress Oscar for "Black Swan."
The issue ranks the trendsetters behind the A-listers, including Leslie Fremar at No. 2, whose clients includes Charlize Theron and Reese Witherspoon.
No. 3 is Petra Flannery, who likes to discover new talent and make them fashion stars. Her roster includes Emma Stone, Zoe Saldana, Mila Kunis and Megan Fox.
Other notables: At No. 11, Jeanne Yang, who styles Katie Holmes so well they have a luxury sportswear collection named after them at Barneys New York; No. 12, L'Wren Scott, who is engaged to Mick Jagger and a favorite of first lady Michelle Obama; and No. 20, reality TV star Brad Goreski, who made the list while his former employer, stylist-turned-designer Rachel Zoe, went from No. 1 last year to off the countdown this year. (THR says she's now "too big to rank.")
Click here for the complete list.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" to series for 2013-2014 season