"Homeland" star Damian Lewis to attend White House state dinner
(CBS News) "Homeland" star Damian Lewis says he's on the guest list for Wednesday's state dinner at the White House honoring British Prime Minister David Cameron.
The British actor told the BBC that he and his wife, actress Helen McCrory, were planning to "fly to Washington, have dinner, fly back."
Lewis stars on "Homeland" as Nicolas Brody, a U.S. Marine who returns home after being held captive by Al-Qaida for eight years. The role earned him a Golden Globe nomination for best actor in a drama series.
President Barack Obama has said the Showtime psychological thriller is one of his favorite shows.
On Tuesday, Michelle Obama and Samantha Cameron are having a little dinner before the dinner - the two first ladies will share a private dinner while their husbands catch an NCAA men's basketball tournament game in Ohio.
Lewis isn't the only star with an invite to a White House dinner - the New York Post reports that Uggie, the canine star of "The Artist," will attend the White House Correspondent's Association Dinner in April as the guest of the Washington Times.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 350 Comments
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- "Monsters University" premieres in Hollywood 20 Photos
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go