"The Hunger Games" stars step out for Los Angeles premiere
(CBS News) Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth and other stars of "The Hunger Games" were all on hand Monday night, walking the black carpet for the highly anticipated film's world premiere.
Hundreds of fans were on hand for the event, held at Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre. Many had camped out overnight in hopes of scoring tickets to the premiere.
Lawrence, 21, donned a shimming gold gown with side cutouts by Prabal Gurung.
"Was everybody disappointed that I wasn't set on fire?" she joked to MTV News, referencing the fiery debut her character, Katniss Everdeen, makes in the film's fictional Capitol.
Other cast members in attendance included Hemsworth, Hutcherson, Elizabeth Banks (clad in a bright orange dress), Stanley Tucci, Woody Harrelson and Donald Sutherland.
Some non-"Hunger Games" stars were also on hand, including Hemsworth's girlfriend, Miley Cyrus, who wore a glittering bustier and matching maxi skirt by Pucci.
"I think it's just so amazing to have all these fans out here and see how excited they are for him and how excited I am for him," the singer/actress said of her beau, according to the Daily Mail.
"The Hunger Games" opens in theaters on March 23.
"The Hunger Games" premiere
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage