Kristen Johnston pours out her "Guts" in new memoir
The "3rd Rock from the Sun" star, details her long battle with substance abuse, including her 2006 stomach ulcer rupture, which inspired the title of the book.
"It felt like I was speeding on the Autobahn toward hell, trapped inside a DeLorean with no brakes," Johnston explains in the book. "And even if I could somehow stop, I'd still be screwed, because there's no way I'd ever be able to figure out how to open those insane, cocaine-designed doors."
Johnston, who currently lives in New York, said she wanted to get her story out.
"Many people have to write that 'mea culpa book,'" Johnston, 44, told the New York Times, referring to other celebrities. "I'm revealing something by choice, not by need. And I think that's important, because then more people can do it. I just want the honesty to be OK."
Now sober for five years, Johnston stars in the TV Land show "The Exes" with Donald Faison and David Alan Basche. She recently launched her own organization dubbed SLAM (Sobriety, Learning and Motivation).
Popular in Entertainment
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- Jewel opens up about portraying June Carter Cash
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards