"On the Road" trailer released
(CBS News) The first trailer for the big-screen version of Jack Kerouac's beatnik classic "On the Road" has been released. In the small snippet, actors Sam Riley, Garret Hedlund, and Kristen Stewart are seen bringing characters Sal Paradise, Dean Moriarty and Marylou to life.
While there had been a lot of talk about whether the book would translate to the big-screen due to its voice-driven prose, Francis Ford Coppola bought the rights to the book in 1979. Now, roughly 30 years later he will serve as the film's executive producer, with Water Salles of "The Motorcycle Diaries directing the film, reports Slate.
The three top-billed actors are joined by Viggo Mortensen, Kristen Dunst, Terrence Howard, Elisabeth Moss, Steve Busemi and Amy Adams - the latter two who do not appear in the trailer.
"On the Road" will premiere at the Cannes Film Festival in May, according to Slate.
Tell us: What do you think of the trailer?
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- "American Idol" winner announced