Bill Maher: Accept Rush Limbaugh's apology
(CBS News) Bill Maher supporting Rush Limbaugh?
It doesn't sound very likely, but on Tuesday, the left-leaning "Real Time" host took to Twitter to call out liberals for their continuous criticism of Limbaugh, who recently apologized for calling Georgetown student Sandra Fluke a "slut" and "prostitute."Pictures: Rush Limbaugh
Hate to defend #RushLimbaugh but he apologized, liberals looking bad not accepting. Also hate intimidation by sponsor pullout-- Bill Maher (@billmaher) March 7, 2012
The comedian was referring to an incident late last year, when his tweet about Tim Tebow, led to calls for a boycott of HBO, which airs Maher's show.
Maher's latest tweet comes as sponsors continue to pull ads from Limbaugh's show. More than 30 national and local advertisers have yanked spots from Limbaugh's syndicated radio show following the fallout over his remarks.
The controversy all started during Fluke's testimony at a February hearing about contraceptive mandates and U.S. health insurance. On Feb. 29, Limbaugh said, "She [Fluke] wants to be paid to have sex. She's having so much sex she can't afford contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex."
The conservative broadcaster has since offered a mea culpa for his "insulting choice of words," but many, including Fluke, have yet to accept it. Fluke, who spoke out in favor of President Obama's birth control policy, has called Limbaugh's apology "insufficient."
Tell us: What do you think about Limbaugh's apology?
Popular in Entertainment
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 135 Comments
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Selma Blair abruptly exits "Anger Management"
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- "The Voice" finale recap: Season 4 crowns a winner
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis