Lindsay Lohan on "SNL": Comeback success or failure?
"I feel lucky and grateful to be here tonight," Lohan said in her opening monologue. "And that's why I really want to thank all of my friends at 'SNL' who trusted me enough to have me back."Pictures: Lindsay Lohan
The 25-year-old actress managed to poke fun at her own legal woes throughout the night, starring in the well-received "Disney Housewives" sketch and the "Bicycle Thieves Scared Straight" segment. In the "Delinquent Girl Teen Gang" sketch, Lohan portrayed a rebellious member of a chain-smoking girl gang.
The appearance attracted a lot of viewers, with a 5.5 overnight rating, becoming the second-highest rated "SNL" of the season -- right behind the Jan. 7 episode, according to TV Guide.
Lohan's appearance received mixed reviews from critics:
Entertainment Weekly: "Lohan herself was mostly pushed to the background for the show, usually appearing in unchallenging supporting roles in sketches."
Washington Post: "The first taped sketch, 'Real Housewives of Disney' -- which featured Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, Rapunzel and Jasmine acting like Camille Grammer and NeNe Leakes -- also worked well, and was a nice dig at Lohan's roots as Disney golden girl."
Tell us: What did you think about Lindsay Lohan's "SNL" appearance?
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 126 Comments
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- Brad Pitt: "I've haven't known life to be any happier"
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy