Celebrity reading of Prop 8 play to be broadcast on YouTube
(CBS News) A celebrity reading of "8," a play that follows the legal fight to overturn Proposition 8, the California law that outlawed gay marriage, will be broadcast on YouTube at 7:45 p.m. PT on March 3.
Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Martin Sheen, Jamie Lee Curtis, Kevin Bacon, Jane Lynch and others will read the play, written by the Academy Award-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black, according to Entertainment Weekly.
Pitt will play the United States District Chief Judge Vaughn R. Walker, who found Prop 8 unconstitutional after presiding over the trial.
The other stars who will participate in the reading are: Christine Lahti, Matthew Morrison, Matt Bomer, John C. Reilly, Campbell Brown, Chris Colfer, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Cleve Jones, Rory O'Malley, George Takei, Yeardley Smith, Vanessa Garcia, Jansen Panatierre, James Pickens, Jr., and Bridger Zadina.
The show premiered on Broadway in September with a cast that included Morgan Freeman, John Lithgow and Ellen Barkin. Now, the show is set to tour nationally through 2012. The stars from the reading are not expected to tour with the show, according to EW.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 109 Comments
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments