Pippa Middleton to ski 56-mile Swedish marathon for charity
(CBS/AP) Pippa Middleton will be strapping on skis and competing in a cross-country marathon for charity on Sunday.
The sister of Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, is tackling Sweden's traditional 56-mile cross-country marathon, the Vasaloppet.
Pippa and her brother, James, are doing the race to raise money for the child hunger charity Magic Breakfast, according to race spokesman Per Strid.
The Vasaloppet, first held in 1922, is one of the world's oldest cross-country races. It stretches from the village of Salen near the Norwegian border to the central town of Mora. Last year 16,000 people took part.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 116 Comments
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- Brad Pitt: "I've haven't known life to be any happier"