Gerard Butler completes rehab stint
(CBS) Gerard Butler has finished a stint in rehab for substance abuse issues, it was revealed Friday.
"Gerard has completed a successful course of treatment and has returned home in good health," his rep told People. "We will not be making any further comment at this time."
TMZreports that the actor, 42, entered the Betty Ford Center three weeks ago, after realizing he was becoming reliant on prescription medication. He chose to seek treatment to prevent developing a full-blown addiction, the website added.
Butler began struggling with pain management while shooting the physically demanding film "300," according to TMZ, and the problem became exacerbated in December when he was hurt in a surfing accident while filming "Of Men and Mavericks."
TMZ also reports that Butler "developed issues" with cocaine but his primary problem was pain management and prescription drugs.
Stars in rehab
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy
- "The Voice" to feature tribute to tornado victims