"Jeopardy!" to put Washington's power brokers to the test
That could be the answer to a "Jeopardy!" question about where the show's "Power Players Week" is to be taped.
Yes, Alex Trebek and "Jeopardy!" are invading the Beltway to test the knowledge of some of Washington's most influential figures.
The syndicated game show announced Thursday that it will enlist 15 prominent contestants for "Power Players Week" to be taped in the nation's capital.
The show's producers say participants will include political figures, authors, journalists and newsmakers. The players will be named a few days before the taping, scheduled to take place on April 21 at DAR Constitution Hall in front of a live audience.
Each contestant will be playing for charity, with the winner each day getting a $50,000 jackpot. The programs will air May 14-18.
"Jeopardy!," which has been on the air for 28 years, held similar "Power Players'' events in 1997 and 2004.
Popular in Entertainment
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 355 Comments
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- Nigella Lawson's husband cautioned by cops over assault
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby