Katy Perry to portray a prison attendant on "Raising Hope"
Perry will play Rikki, a prison attendant who claims to be a friend from Sabrina's (actress Shannon Woodward) past.Pictures: Katy Perry
It turns out the newly-single Perry is close with Woodward in real life.
"Shannon Woodward is my best friend," Perry said in a statement. "A couple weeks ago, I was home, just toasting up a frozen chicken fillet when she called me up and asked if I wanted to do something 'fun' for a change and try out a guest role on her TV show. I thought, 'Sure, I have nothing else to do, and I like chillin' with my best friend.'"
Perry will play a prominent role in the episode titled "Single White Female Role Model." During the upcoming show, Sabrina gets arrested at an "Occupy Natesville" protest. Upon starting her two-week jail stint, she meets Rikki, who plans to make Sabrina's prison visit as miserable as possible until she remembers the good times they once shared.
"Raising Hope" executive producer Greg Garcia said Perry did a terrific job and was "hilarious" on set.
After all, the "California Gurl" is not a complete stranger to acting. In 2011, she guest starred on the CBS sitcom, "How I Met Your Mother." She's taken part in "Saturday Night Live" sketches and voiced the Smurfette character in the 2011 big-screen adaptation of "The Smurfs."
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Runaway mom tells Dr. Phil: "They're better off without me"
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance