Duchess Kate sells out another coat
(CBS) She's done it again.
Another item worn by Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, has sold out after the royal wore it to a public event. This time, it was the "Birdie Wool Jacquard Shirt Dress" by Irish designer Orla Kiely.
Kate, 30, donned the brown wool coat dress, which features a pattern of birds, during a visit to Oxford, England, on Tuesday. She visited two schools to see the work of The Art Room, which uses art therapy to build confidence and self-esteem in children. The duchess was named patron of the charity last month.
A spokesman for the label said dress sold out "within minutes" of the duchess' public appearance and that there was an "absolute frenzy" on the website, according to the U.K.'s Mirror.
Orla Kiely's website lists the garment as out of stock, with no indication of whether more will be made available. It was on sale for 162.50 British pounds (about $255), marked down from 325 (about $509), and was available in brown and turquoise.
Kate caused another fashion frenzy earlier this month, when the cost she wore during a visit to Liverpool on Valentine's Day - a brown, wool coat by British retailer Hobbs - sold out within hours of her wearing it.
Tell us: Would you wear Kate's coat?
Kate, Duchess of Cambridge
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King