Duchess Kate reveals new puppy's name
(CBS) Prince William and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, apparently took inspiration from another member of the animal kingdom when choosing a name for their new puppy.
Kate, 30, revealed the dog's name on Tuesday while speaking to children during a visit to Rose Hill Primary School in Oxford, England.
During the visit, a young boy handed a stuffed dog to the duchess, according to the U.K.'s Telegraph, and she asked if it had a name.
"Why don't we call it after my dog? He's called Lupo," she said, according to the report. Royal officials later confirmed the dog's name.
An aide told the Daily Mail that the name has no significance to the royal couple, other than that they like it. Lupo, derived from the Latin word for wolf, is also the Italian word for the animal.
The male pup, a black cocker spaniel, is reportedly about four months old.
Kate visited the school to join in on a session by The Art Room, a program that offers art therapy to children to raise their self confidence and independence. She was named patron of the charity in January.
The duchess has stepped out for a series of solo events, including a visit to Liverpool on Valentine's Day, while William is deployed to the Falkland Islands.
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos