Stephen Colbert returns to "The Colbert Report," honors his ailing mother
(CBS) Stephen Colbert returned to "The Colbert Report" on Monday after mysteriously cancelling the tapings of two episodes last week.
The host didn't directly give an explanation for the shows halt, but he hinted that it was due to his 91-year-old mother's health, as had been speculated.
"Evidently, having 11 children makes you tough as nails," said Colbert, 47, the youngest of 11 in his family, on the show Monday night. "Confidential to a lovely lady."
Last week, emails were sent to audience members saying the show had halted production for the rest of the week due to "unforeseen reasons."
Before the show's return the comedian tweeted:
My family and I would like to thank everyone who has offered their thoughts and prayers. We are grateful and touched by your concern.-- Stephen Colbert (@StephenAtHome) February 18, 2012
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party