Robin Thicke arrested on pot charge in NYC
(CBS/AP) Robin Thicke, R&B singer-songwriter, has been arrested on a drug possession charge in New York City, police say.
The 34-year-old was arrested early Friday afternoon in Manhattan near Madison Square Park. Police say they saw him smoking a joint while inside a black SUV. He was given a desk appearance ticket and released.
A call to his publicist wasn't immediately returned.
Thicke, son of "Growing Pains" patriarch Alan Thicke, has written and produced songs for Michael Jackson, Christina Aguilera and others. He also records music himself and his 2009 hit "Sex Therapy" was the top of the R&B charts. His fifth album, Love After War, was released in December.
Thicke is married to "Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol" star Paula Patton.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance