Stephen Colbert halts show for mother, a report says
(CBS) Stephen Colbert's "The Colbert Report" has reportedly shut down production for the week due to his sick 91-year-old mother, sources told the New York Post.
An email was sent to audience members on Wednesday and Thursday saying the shows had been cancelled due to "unforeseen circumstances."
Colbert, the youngest of 11 children, is very close to his mother, a source close to the show told the Post.
The nature of his mother's sickness is not known and a spokesman for the comedic host gave no details, says the paper.
Comedy Central said the show would air repeat episodes until further notice.
Popular in Entertainment
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- Jewel opens up about portraying June Carter Cash
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards