Miranda Lambert and Chris Brown continue Twitter feud
(CBS) The Miranda Lambert/Chris Brown feud continues.
It all began on Monday, the day after the Grammys, when the country singer sent out tweets questioning Brown's presence at the ceremony, since his 2009 assault of then-girlfriend Rihanna.
Lambert, who is married to "The Voice" coach Blake Shelton, tweeted to her more than 600,000 followers: "How dang long did they give Nicki Minaj to do whatever that was? Strange. And Chris Brown twice? I don't get it. He beat on a girl..."
Brown performed twice at the awards show and picked up a Grammy for best R&B album.
He fired back on Twitter saying, "HATE ALL U WANT BECUZ I GOT A GRAMMY Now! That's the ultimate F--- OFF!" But the tweet was soon deleted, and replaced with, "I'M BACK SO WATCH MY BaCK as I walk away from all this negativity #teambreezygrammy," which now has also been deleted.
Lambert then took to the social media site again to respond to his tweets.
"You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything."-- Miranda Lambert (@Miranda_Lambert) February 15, 2012
Oh and one more thing for all who are asking....I have a Grammy too:)-- Miranda Lambert (@Miranda_Lambert) February 16, 2012
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stars pay tribute to James Gandolfini
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot
- This Is James Gandolfini, He's Not Tony