Larry King and CNN officially part ways
King did four specials for CNN within the past year. But CNN said in a statement on Wednesday the network and King have mutually agreed to end the specials.Pictures: Larry King
Pictures: Larry King finale party
The 78-year-old King says he has "nothing but respect for CNN." He says he's "looking forward to all the wonderful business opportunities" to which he'll now dedicate his time.
"Larry King Live" wrapped in December 2010. British host Piers Morgan now has the time slot and does a similar interview program. According to the Los Angeles Times, Morgan has overall achieved higher ratings that King did near the end of his run. But in 2012 viewership has slumped and is lower than what King was averaging before leaving his show.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "The Voice" to feature tribute to tornado victims