Duchess Kate's wool coat sells out
(CBS) Duchess Kate has done it again. A brown wool coat designed by British retailer Hobbs that she wore during a visit to Liverpool Tuesday sold out within hours of her wearing it.
The "Unlimited Celeste Flared Coat," which goes for $285, is no longer in stock online, but the website says a new shipment is due sometime this week for those who were unable to get their hands on Kate's coat.
"We are delighted to see our designers getting recognition for their creative talent, and the Hobbs brand credentials," said chairman Iain MacRitchie to MSNBC. "With the U.K.'s strength and depth of contemporary British designer fashion, it is fantastic to see this important industry increasingly getting a worldwide profile."
The duchess has caused many items to sell out in stores just by buying or wearing it, something which retailers are calling "the duchess effect."
Last month, she snatched up a sale item at the Anonymous by Ross+Bute boutique, which in turn caused the item to immediately sell out.
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 109 Comments
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Toby Keith: Moore, Oklahoma "will persevere"