Why Viola Davis won't go skydiving with George Clooney
NEW YORK (CBS/AP) Viola Davis says her friend George Clooney wants to celebrate their Oscar nominations by going skydiving together but she's not going to do it.
In an appearance on "The Late Show With David Letterman" Tuesday night, Davis, an Oscar nominee for role in "The Help," said she heard from a girlfriend that parachuting makes you wet your pants and she has no intention of letting that happen.
Letterman countered that the chance of seeing Clooney wet himself should be reason enough to go.
This is the second nomination for the 46-year-old Davis, who also got an Oscar nod for 2008's "Doubt." She spoke about it Wednesday on "CBS This Morning."
Clooney, 50, was nominated for a best actor Oscar for "The Descendants" and a best screenplay Oscar for "The Ides of March." It was his fifth and sixth nominations. He won the Oscar for best supporting actor in 2006 for "Syriana."
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 105 Comments
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"