Michelle Obama spotted wearing a Jason Wu for Target dress
(CBS) This weekend, First Lady Michelle Obama, known for mixing low price off-the-rack items with designer duds, was spotted wearing a $39.99 Jason Wu for Target dress while doing a press event in Florida.
The designer's line for Target went on sale Feb. 5 and flew off the shelves almost as soon as it went on sale, but it looks like the first lady was able to snatch up the Sleeveless Chiffon Dress in Navy Floral with Gold Belt.
Obama, of course, added her own sense of style to the ensemble swapping the gold belt for a red one and cinching it over a blue cardigan.
Obama has a history with the designer: She put Wu on the map in 2009 when she wore an ivory gown he designed at her husband's inaugural ball.
Tell us: What do you think of the first lady's look?
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy
- "The Voice" to feature tribute to tornado victims