Madonna stalker escapes from mental hospital
(CBS/AP) Police are looking for Robert Dewey Hoskins, a man convicted of threatening to kill Madonna, who walked away from a Los Angeles-area mental hospital last week.
Hoskins was committed to a state hospital last year, according to Los Angeles police.
Police have called the 54-year-old "highly psychotic" and have said he can be extremely violent and should not be approached by members of the public.
Hoskins served a 10-year prison sentence for stalking and threatening Madonna, and court records show he was convicted of vandalism in July 2011. The singer testified against him during his 1996 trial.
Police say they have searched areas where Hoskins may try to go, including the city of Long Beach, south of Los Angeles.
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 40 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner