"Jersey Shore" spinoff gets approval to shoot in Jersey City
(CBS/AP) MTV's "Jersey Shore" spinoff was blocked from making Hoboken its new home last week, but New Jersey's second largest city, Jersey City, is welcoming "Snooki" and "JWoww" with open arms.
Jersey City has issued producers a permit to film a spinoff of the reality series that is set to feature Nicole Polizzi ("Snooki") and Jenni Farley ("JWoww). Filming is expected to begin later this month in the city's Grove Street Path neighborhood.
Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy says he believes the show is an opportunity to promote the city, while nearby Hoboken denied the permit, citing safety and quality of life concerns for residents
The spokeswoman for Jersey City, Jennifer Morrill says the cast and crew must obey all laws and the production company will be required to hire police to reduce any impact on the public.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"