First book of new Lemony Snicket series due out in fall
(CBS/AP) A new Lemony Snicket series is to start this fall - against the apparent wishes of the author.
Little Brown Books for Young Readers announced Wednesday that the first of four volumes of the "All the Wrong Questions" series will be out in October. "Who Could That Be At This Hour?" is the first of the series and is described as a "highly autobiographical account" of Snicket's childhood.
In keeping with the running gag that Snicket, the pen name for series author Daniel Handler, discourages people from reading his books, Little Brown shared with reporters an email purporting to be from him. The "Snicketemail" asks Little Brown to postpone its announcement.
Although Little Brown plans to print 1 million copies, "Snicket" wonders in the email "why anyone would be interested" in the new series.
Snicket is best known for the popular book series entitled "A Series of Unfortunate Events."
Popular in Entertainment
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 75 Comments
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 352 Comments
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood